Skip to main content

Two Weeks Baby!

Hello, hello, hello!

Today is the 14th of May 2013 and Alhamdulillah, I am well into the second week of my journey. Who would've thought ey, that I would do this now let alone last till now. I am so thankful for this (as I've been saying so many times over in this blog that it's probably old news). But I am. So that's that.

The past weekend admittedly wasn't the best for me. It was swelteringly HOT and I suffered through a swollen ankle and a foot tendon sprain (all on one foot). Spent quite a bit of time in my "sauna-like" room resting my foot although I did try to make the most of the weekend by pushing myself to go out with my family even for just a bit. I suppose that wasn't the smartest thing to do when I eventually broke down in tears on Sunday (a.k.a Mother's Day to the rest of world) from the excrutiating pain. Nevertheless, I was still driving my family around but not after that drama. Going into and coming out of the car was torturous enough. Not to mention every single step I need to take to get to the loo or off the bed or pretty much anything. Gosh... How I wished I'd been more careful in my younger days not to have sprained BOTH my ankles. I am a clutzy person so my limbs are pretty much busted from the many falls I've taken. Heh!

Anyhow, I finally gave up trying to even push myself to overcome the pain "on my own", i.e. without the Doctor's involvement, right. So I cried to my parents and in the presence of my sister, Doc and told them blubberingly that I think it's probably gout or arthritis or something worse. Turns out it weren't those just as my Dad and sister suspected. It was confirmed yesterday when I limped over to the clinic (thank heavens I didn't have to drive there myself) that I had, on top of suffer through the old injury, injured myself further from folding my foot wrongly while I was praying. Yeah... lesson learnt here is when your ankle is in pain, don't go pretending you're all good and fold your foot in like a boss!

But thankfully I am almost all better now. The limping has gone from "DON'T EVEN TRY" to "relatively pain free"... or maybe that's the pain killers talking. Haha...
Either way, I'm not going to test my luck to fold my foot in for a while. Best to take it easy for a bit just to be sure it's fully healed. I need to be all good before mid-June so that I can "serve" Christmas on her big day! Yeah, she was pretty concerned about the swollen foot thing too. I mean, I would! Knowing that it's the "maid of honour" duty. Gasp!

Which brings us to today. I'm at work today and so far it's been manageable. Hopefully, it's not such a long day at work, eventhough I am seated most of the time. I's much prefer to be home early especially since my folks are around. It truly is like a blessing to have them around during a time when I'm feeling like crap about my foot. But I reckon it will be right as rain soon. Whee! =)

My injured foot :'(

14th day of happiness =)


Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

Life After... Pt4

"I want to see the trees."
Those were his last words to me on 26th May 2017. The day when we discovered Mum's cancer, the day Dad did his darnedest during physio at his bed just to get on the wheelchair, the day we took him for a little walk around the ward, the day before the 1st of Ramadhan... The day he had a stroke.
We would never hear his voice again after that day until Allah called him home on 16th June 2017, 21st Ramadhan 1438H. 
There were a few things that he wanted, which I failed to fulfill. For breakfast the day he was first brought to the hospital in Ipoh, he had told me he wanted fresh milk from Salim's Restaurant - I'm sure with 3 teaspoons of sugar for that perfect taste. While he was in the ward, he wanted some Miso soup from Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant, but logistically it was hard to get to the nearest Rakuzen and I only got him some Miso soup from Sushi Zanmai. He wanted some jelly when he was sitting on the wheelchair - I told him we would b…

Life After... Pt 2

Dad was admitted in the ICU on the morning of 30th April. He had a severe case of pneumonia (and no one knew how things escalated so quickly to acute pneumonia save for Allah). When we first arrived at the Accident & Emergency, the attending physician who is a Cardiologist specially assigned by a friend’s father as the Director of the hospital, explained that all they needed to do was to give Dad antibiotics and nebulizer. Dad was supposed to be in the ICU for three days for monitoring and treatment, and it was expected that he would be right as rain. Although the Doctor did say that there was a possibility that Dad may be intubated just to help him recover better. I didn’t know it then but it turned out that “intubated” meant Dad would be sedated. So when he was wheeled to his bay at the ICU and suddenly the Doctor said there was a complication, I felt an awful feeling at the pit of my stomach. Dad’s case was much more complex than a normal pneumonia case would be because he was …