Skip to main content

After 20 days


Assalamualaikum and hello everybody.

It's May 20th, which marks the 20th day of my wearing headscarf and I must say, I think today is officially the first "bad tudung day" (as Christmas puts it) that I've ever had since I began. It also doesn't help that it is MONDAY, which is DREAD DAY of the week.

And as for Murphy's Law... well on top of the trouble with my headscarf this morning, I discovered a zit on my chin, my work top keeps unbuttoning AND there's a tiny tear on my sleeve near the cuff. Albeit the last one is not too noticeable but it did make me feel quite blah. It's like I'm back in school where I never notice these wardrobe malfunctions till someone embarrassingly points it out! Thankfully, I have learnt my lesson from all that experiences. In case it gets too much, I will pin the heck out of my top with my safety pin, and I also have a sewing kit in case anything else rips. Hopefully, nothing else gets ripped of course. I did tell myself that I will leave it in Allah's good hands. Hee...

I think maybe there's a kind of blessing with all these challenges on the 20th day. I am fasting today so my lips are sealed and I will attempt to refrain from complaining. I suppose I have deducted some marks here since I am writing about it. But let's just put this as a periodic update on the stuff that I go through as time goes by in this journey. I'm hoping that only good things would unravel for the rest of the day, Insyaallah.

The past few weeks have been majorly hot and humid. I seriously think my room IS a sauna in this hot weather. Whether am sitting still or moving about I am sweating buckets, which is absolutely icky. But Insyaallah, I am coping well. Trying to keep it together and stay calm under the circumstances. I have put up a darker coloured cloth over my existing curtains in my room just to give it a little more shade. My curtains are light purple... and while it's pretty and sweet, it does almost zilch to keep my room cool. So hopefully this temporary method will work. If it does, then I will rightly invest in some good dark curtains. Fingers crossed.
Ok, on to some excitement. Remember when I wrote about how I am a handbag addict and that I was thinking of getting a bag from the luxury vintage store? Well... I went and finally did it last Thursday. The store I went to is called Attic House over at Plaza Damas and they have tonnes of beautiful pieces from Coach to Bally to Ferragamo to Gucci, Prada, LV, Chanel and even the mother of all bags... Hermes Birkin!

My little bambino is an Italian make beauty from Miu Miu, which is a sister company of Prada. It's such a cute story on how the brand Miu Miu came about from the nickname of Miuccia Prada who is the youngest granddaughter of Mario Prada, the founder of the flagship company. And what I love about this brand is how it is understated, high quality, fresh and cool at the same time. The brand itself doesn't need to be splashed about with "Made in Italy" or even labeled so obviously unlike other designer brands around. Apparently, this is part of Prada's strategy for "anti-status" or "reverse snobbery", which is just what I absolutely like. Oh and by the by, I also decided on a model which is not the iconic or popular look. Usually, I would choose models that are unique and rarely seen about to reduce the possibilities of imitation, because God knows these designer bags get imitated like nobody's business!

So which style did I get? Presenting my little Miu Miu bambino... <3




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

The Time I was Flying Blue with KLM

About two months ago I came back from a magnificent travel experience to the UK and Paris. I fully intend to write all about it as it was my very first solo trip ever! But this post is not about that per se. I plan to break down the solo trip experience so that it will not be too heavy in one posting. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share a little bit about my experience travelling for the first time with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as they were my chosen carrier to take me on this wonderful journey. 
From the get go, I would say it was not exactly all smooth flowing. My own unfamiliarity and inexperience with them probably contributed to the little bumps along the way but thankfully their customer service team is well trained and equipped to help iron out any hurdles or uncertainties that I faced. 
The booking was unique in its own right. The selection of flight dates, times and class was all standard. Then when it came to payment was when I discovered the first uniqueness, or rather the second …

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 2

I've already had some food in my system, and while it's probably on its way to full digestion now, let's try putting in a half decent blog post.

Like I said, after a long, I believe 2-year hiatus from blogging, I had really thought I would let blogging die a natural death and stop just like that. But as things occur in my life, I find myself itching to write again.
Like today. 
First, during lunch time. 
One of my colleagues, let's call her Kay, told us that Hard Rock Cafe has a pretty good lunch set menu. It comes with a salad, main course and dessert, and a refillable drink for the price of a normal main course. So of course we jumped to it. The moment we got to HRC, it was almost a full house! We were lucky not to have to wait in a queue. Those people probably thought to take advantage of the lunch set too. 
Anyway, there were four main courses offered in the lunch set menu; Chicken Marinara, Chicken Pasta, Hamburger and Grilled Fish. I opted for the Chicken Marina…