Skip to main content

Just Do It!

After the procurement of those little pins on Monday, I had a few days to do a little bit more research and soul searching. I felt quite eager to initiate my plans earlier than expected simply because it gave me more peace of mind.

I went online to check the correlation of the new initiation/implementation date to see if there were any significant historical happenings. And it turns out that on that very day, our beloved Prophet Muhammad s.a.w's most beloved daughter was born. It was like "liiiightbulbbb...!"

It gave me something to relate to. Lots of times when you're about to embark on something you have control over you would choose a date with some kind of significance, i.e. your 21st birthday, first day of Ramadhan, New Year's Day, an anniversary. I reckon tonnes of people do that, right?

To be honest, it doesn't matter to me what date I choose to actually go ahead with my plans. It's as good a day as any. But knowing that the date I had chosen to do this correlates with such a joyous thing gives added meaning to me.

I do have that little voice inside my head that keeps saying, "Are you sure? Are you sure?", but even if I'm not sure the only way I would silence my doubts is to JUST DO IT! I have my mum's encouragement and support from friends. And no doubt I have Allah's hands guiding me and giving me this innate strength to proceed with my plans so honestly, I have nothing to fear. I have decided I will face the world as it comes and be proud to stand tall in the name of Allah, Insyaallah.

In the meantime, I will continue praying for the strength in my journey through my plans.

So watch this space. Revelations to ensue in due course... =)


Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

Life After... Pt4

"I want to see the trees."
Those were his last words to me on 26th May 2017. The day when we discovered Mum's cancer, the day Dad did his darnedest during physio at his bed just to get on the wheelchair, the day we took him for a little walk around the ward, the day before the 1st of Ramadhan... The day he had a stroke.
We would never hear his voice again after that day until Allah called him home on 16th June 2017, 21st Ramadhan 1438H. 
There were a few things that he wanted, which I failed to fulfill. For breakfast the day he was first brought to the hospital in Ipoh, he had told me he wanted fresh milk from Salim's Restaurant - I'm sure with 3 teaspoons of sugar for that perfect taste. While he was in the ward, he wanted some Miso soup from Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant, but logistically it was hard to get to the nearest Rakuzen and I only got him some Miso soup from Sushi Zanmai. He wanted some jelly when he was sitting on the wheelchair - I told him we would b…

Life After... Pt 2

Dad was admitted in the ICU on the morning of 30th April. He had a severe case of pneumonia (and no one knew how things escalated so quickly to acute pneumonia save for Allah). When we first arrived at the Accident & Emergency, the attending physician who is a Cardiologist specially assigned by a friend’s father as the Director of the hospital, explained that all they needed to do was to give Dad antibiotics and nebulizer. Dad was supposed to be in the ICU for three days for monitoring and treatment, and it was expected that he would be right as rain. Although the Doctor did say that there was a possibility that Dad may be intubated just to help him recover better. I didn’t know it then but it turned out that “intubated” meant Dad would be sedated. So when he was wheeled to his bay at the ICU and suddenly the Doctor said there was a complication, I felt an awful feeling at the pit of my stomach. Dad’s case was much more complex than a normal pneumonia case would be because he was …