Skip to main content

As far as resolutions go...

 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
 
 
It's here. Yet another year... 2013!
 
Wow... Everytime we turn over the page to January again, I get a little tingle of excitement and anticipation. It's like you are blessed to be able to see the beginning of yet another year where anything is possible. Not to say it's for second chances, but more to remind of all the possibilities that can be achieved if we put our hearts and minds to it.
 
So... as far as resolutions go, I don't truly believe in it. Hah! Only reason I say I don't believe in it is probably because I never stick to it. Hahaha!!! Last year, I think my resolution was to eat fruits every work day during lunch. It was a shared resolution with a colleague (supposedly to motivate each other). That lasted for about 2 months max and then it started to wane. So in the end we just eat fruits just about any time that we can.
 
The weight losing thing came to screeching halt all throughout 2012. I did frequent the gym and squash court the first half of the year (albeit being forced to by my friend). But I had only managed to maintain my weight rather than tip the scale to slide down. Although, I did maintain something consistently for 2012 from May onwards... Dance classes. Huzzah! In fact, I even performed for the dance studio showcase in November. Surprisingly not as nerve wrecking as I thought.
 
Okay, without digressing too much, I suppose I should just put in resolutions for 2013 right now. One of the bosses at work is badgering us on this. What's worse, he's demanding THREE resolutions. Damn...
 
So here it is:
 
1. Use my Zaggora Hotpants at least 4-5 days a week for 30 minutes at a time for 2 weeks. Repeat the 2-week challenge every month.
This is actually my cheat sheet to losing inches and perhaps some weight this year. Hahaha! I've had the pants since last year but it gets itchy and soaks my underpants totally every single time that I stopped using it before I could tell if there's any effect. Hahaha! But today I got a New Year email from the Zaggora team which reminded me of the 2-week challenge and thought cleverly, "Hmm... that's an idea right there. Why not."
2. Stay far, far, faaaaarrrr away from McDonald's!! As farrrrr as possible goes for all the other fast food joints too.
 
I must say, McD's is probably one of my BIGGEST weaknesses. BIGGEST! HUGE! Like, 25 years worth of weakness! I've had McD's since I could remember so I really want to stay faaaaaaarrr away from it if I want to turn a new leaf. Two years ago when I went on my weight lose journey, I managed to stay away from McD's for about 3 months straight and lost LOTS of weight. After that I had the occassional McD's which was still okay. But when I started working at my current place and began travelling for work, McD's became a source of convenience again. Lame I know... But since it's a New Year, let's let me do it again.
 
3. Start cooking again in an attempt to eat healthier meals and save moolah.
I have not cooked a single meal since 2010. GAAHHHHH!!!! It's horrible. I only relied on eating out and didn't even bother getting groceries for the house. It's so bad, it came to a point where my mom came over to the house and couldn't find rice to cook dinner with! O_o
So, now I have Doc in the house with me, I think it's time we cook our meals. She's been back in Malaysia since August 2012 and all we seem to do is eat out or eat whatever food our mom prepares. Hahaha... Pathetic! Oh, and this also so that I can curb myself from eating so much rice (also another one of the things the boss is pestering me to do). Also, I need to save moolah in case my friend Mirv suddenly sets a date for his wedding. Wanna know where his wedding will be? GERMANY! Aiiiieeeee...!
 
So that's my 3 resolutions for 2013. Keep your fingers crossed that I keep to my resolutions. I'll be starting them as soon as possible.
 
What's your resolution like?
 
 
 
 
P/S: Shoutout to my DAD!! It's his 69th birthday today, yo! *do the rock-away*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Time I was Flying Blue with KLM

About two months ago I came back from a magnificent travel experience to the UK and Paris. I fully intend to write all about it as it was my very first solo trip ever! But this post is not about that per se. I plan to break down the solo trip experience so that it will not be too heavy in one posting. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share a little bit about my experience travelling for the first time with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as they were my chosen carrier to take me on this wonderful journey. 
From the get go, I would say it was not exactly all smooth flowing. My own unfamiliarity and inexperience with them probably contributed to the little bumps along the way but thankfully their customer service team is well trained and equipped to help iron out any hurdles or uncertainties that I faced. 
The booking was unique in its own right. The selection of flight dates, times and class was all standard. Then when it came to payment was when I discovered the first uniqueness, or rather the second …

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 2

I've already had some food in my system, and while it's probably on its way to full digestion now, let's try putting in a half decent blog post.

Like I said, after a long, I believe 2-year hiatus from blogging, I had really thought I would let blogging die a natural death and stop just like that. But as things occur in my life, I find myself itching to write again.
Like today. 
First, during lunch time. 
One of my colleagues, let's call her Kay, told us that Hard Rock Cafe has a pretty good lunch set menu. It comes with a salad, main course and dessert, and a refillable drink for the price of a normal main course. So of course we jumped to it. The moment we got to HRC, it was almost a full house! We were lucky not to have to wait in a queue. Those people probably thought to take advantage of the lunch set too. 
Anyway, there were four main courses offered in the lunch set menu; Chicken Marinara, Chicken Pasta, Hamburger and Grilled Fish. I opted for the Chicken Marina…

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 1

Hello Blogosphere!!
It is I, back from an unintended retirement from the blogging world. Actually, I never did intend to hang my blogging shoes as I did my dancing shoes. But after what seems like (a) lack of time due to work, and (b) lack of inspiration to write about things without sounding like I'm whining (phew... that was a long one), I decided that after a year of hiatus, it is high time to put some thoughts to ... what do you call this?... not paper... blank blog page? Well just type out some thoughts.
Yes.
So here we go. 
Starting now.
Right. Now.
Ok. Any moment now. .

. . . .
Maybe I need to eat first. Haha!