Skip to main content

Countdown #3 & #4

Am sorry my countdown #3 & #4 updates didn't go up according to schedule. I guess I could lump it all up for countdown #5 & #6, which is yesterday and today. But today is still early and I don't know what is in store for today. Soo.... let's just recap my #3 & #4.

Countdown #3 & #4 incidentally fell through on a Saturday and Sunday. Perfect! #2 & #3 kinda got stuck together when I had my wonderful meet up with my Best Friends for Life (BFL), Mae. Friday didn't quite end up as best as I thought it would be at work. I did shed some tears (boohoo) thanks to my great buddy, Stress. But it was quickly dried off in time for me to be with Mae. It was such a great night especially since, she treated me to dinner, gave me a birthday present (which I still think is unnecessary coz having her around is present enough), and we talked for 8 hours straight! I'm pretty sure we would have gone forever if it wasn't for how tired we were. I loved every second of it! Thanks a lot, Mae!!

Which trickled into countdown #3 - Saturday... Needless to say, after that long, fun night with BFL, I gave myself a break... sleeping in! Woke up close to midday simply coz I got hungry as hell. I had no plans whatsoever, except maybe to try go for a replacement dance class. But I made a call to my brother and voila - Lunch! Yumm...

After lunch, I decided to check out the scene at Talent Hub in time for the afternoon class. But as it turns out, my beloved dance instructor was sick! So classes got cancelled. But it wasn't all lost coz I was asked by Mae to be her emcee in her December Malaysian wedding recep. So, I was on a hunt for a dress.

Unfortunately, the dress I'd saw just 2 days before was sold off so I was left empty handed. Aww boo!

So what did I do next? Well, I went walking around in Bangsar and then after a while of walking around aimlessly and purposelessly (hah!), I decided to head on home before it rained yet again. Bought my 1901 hotdogs for dinner and as soon as I got home, the domestic-goddess spirit got triggered when I saw how messy the front driveway of my house was - I started cleaning! Gahh... But I was satisfied that I'd at least got rid of some muck that was making my house unsightly. Yeesh!

The rest of the evening wore on just nicely after that at home, in front of the tele, eating my hotdogs. :)

Countdown #4 - Sunday, I decided to wake up early - to do my laundry! Gaahh... I knew the domestic-goddess spirit hadn't left me as yet. I also had a wedding to get to in the arvo, so waking up early was a good decision. I did my laundry, put in the cooking gas, cleaned the bathroom, cooked brekkie, then just chilled till it was time for me to get ready for the wedding. Met up with Alphatin, Jasper, Cikinot & her new boyfriend at Bella's wedding. It was really nice and Bella looked lovely.

After the wedding, I had an itch to watch a movie. But not just with anyone... I wanted to watch a movie with... myself. Yayy! Off to Subang Parade where I was pretty sure there'd be tickets still at that little new cinema they opened. I watched 'Immortals'! Wahoo! =D

Once the movie was over, I thought of doing a once over browse in search of my dress. All over the mall I went, but the last stop was in Parkson where there's tonnes of brands housed there. Almost gave up too, until I found it. Something not you would normally see me wear but it was perfect! Pretty, vibrant, fun, fresh, and selling at half price. And get this, because it was in Parkson and I had a shopping voucher from there, I only ended up paying a very tiny fraction of the cost of the dress. WONDERFUL!!!

That was just how great my last weekend before my birthday was. I felt so blessed. Alhamdulillah...

On to a good few more days to D-day! :)


Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

The Time I was Flying Blue with KLM

About two months ago I came back from a magnificent travel experience to the UK and Paris. I fully intend to write all about it as it was my very first solo trip ever! But this post is not about that per se. I plan to break down the solo trip experience so that it will not be too heavy in one posting. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share a little bit about my experience travelling for the first time with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as they were my chosen carrier to take me on this wonderful journey. 
From the get go, I would say it was not exactly all smooth flowing. My own unfamiliarity and inexperience with them probably contributed to the little bumps along the way but thankfully their customer service team is well trained and equipped to help iron out any hurdles or uncertainties that I faced. 
The booking was unique in its own right. The selection of flight dates, times and class was all standard. Then when it came to payment was when I discovered the first uniqueness, or rather the second …

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 2

I've already had some food in my system, and while it's probably on its way to full digestion now, let's try putting in a half decent blog post.

Like I said, after a long, I believe 2-year hiatus from blogging, I had really thought I would let blogging die a natural death and stop just like that. But as things occur in my life, I find myself itching to write again.
Like today. 
First, during lunch time. 
One of my colleagues, let's call her Kay, told us that Hard Rock Cafe has a pretty good lunch set menu. It comes with a salad, main course and dessert, and a refillable drink for the price of a normal main course. So of course we jumped to it. The moment we got to HRC, it was almost a full house! We were lucky not to have to wait in a queue. Those people probably thought to take advantage of the lunch set too. 
Anyway, there were four main courses offered in the lunch set menu; Chicken Marinara, Chicken Pasta, Hamburger and Grilled Fish. I opted for the Chicken Marina…