Skip to main content

Countdown! #1 & #2

It's the 18th of November 2011. I should start a countdown entry. Countdown to what? My birthday, of course! Haha...

I should have started the countdown yesterday so that I'd have exactly 7 days of party and mayhem to report (nah, just kidding). But better now than never at all. :) So I'll just recap yesterday's things and follow on through to the 24th.

Yesterday, 17th November 2011, was a good day. The day before was exceedingly tiring and emotional that I succumbed to it like nobody's business. But things got better as I rested and wrapped my mind around the excitement of my birthday. I can't help it. When it comes to my birthday, I become a kid again. Always loving the fact that no matter how shitty things are, my birthday will always bring my spirits up.

So what happened yesterday?

Well, the fact that I had enough sleep was something to be thankful for, as a start. Then I got a call from my Mom who told me that my niece aced her national primary school exams with flying colours. First, birthday present for me. It's something am so happy about because my sister asked me to give her daughter a pep talk to boost her motivation to go for greatness. Am just thankful that some of the things I did say to her got drilled through to make her work hard for her exams. Alhamdulillah, praise be to Allah... Next would be for her to get through the assessment for entrance to a private residential school.

Later that day, I went over to my optical shop in Bangsar to pick up a very special order. My second birthday present from my beloved parents. I LOVE it!! Not just coz it's exactly what I've been eyeing for, but for them to approve of it and decide to make it my birthday present. I can't wait to wear it at the Breaking Dawn Part 1 premier on the 23rd! I'll post up pictures of it then. Right now, it's still safely tucked away in it's velvety case. *so excited*

And I was feeling so happy right after that that I went over to Dorothy Perkins to check out the sale and did a spontaneous decision to get something there. Weee!!! I'm gonna wear it for work next Friday. Then, when I got home, I got a call from a friend who once upon a time was a little eye candy of mine, which made me even happier. I went to sleep feeling cozy. :)

And what about today?

Today, is extra special. Today I will get another special birthday present. Today, I will see my BEST-FRIEND-FOR-LIFE-WHO-I-LOVE-TO-PIECES... Mae! (I would be jumping up and down now if I wasn't at work). I can't wait to see her. I don't care how today is gonna be at work, I just know I will be spending precious time with Mae who is back here for a very brief period to prepare for her Boxing Day Wedding Reception in December. Yayyy!!!! I'm sure I will be talking to her till I lose my voice. Haaaa...

Gotta save some energy for tonite. Am so excited, I'd burst! :p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

The Time I was Flying Blue with KLM

About two months ago I came back from a magnificent travel experience to the UK and Paris. I fully intend to write all about it as it was my very first solo trip ever! But this post is not about that per se. I plan to break down the solo trip experience so that it will not be too heavy in one posting. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share a little bit about my experience travelling for the first time with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as they were my chosen carrier to take me on this wonderful journey. 
From the get go, I would say it was not exactly all smooth flowing. My own unfamiliarity and inexperience with them probably contributed to the little bumps along the way but thankfully their customer service team is well trained and equipped to help iron out any hurdles or uncertainties that I faced. 
The booking was unique in its own right. The selection of flight dates, times and class was all standard. Then when it came to payment was when I discovered the first uniqueness, or rather the second …

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 2

I've already had some food in my system, and while it's probably on its way to full digestion now, let's try putting in a half decent blog post.

Like I said, after a long, I believe 2-year hiatus from blogging, I had really thought I would let blogging die a natural death and stop just like that. But as things occur in my life, I find myself itching to write again.
Like today. 
First, during lunch time. 
One of my colleagues, let's call her Kay, told us that Hard Rock Cafe has a pretty good lunch set menu. It comes with a salad, main course and dessert, and a refillable drink for the price of a normal main course. So of course we jumped to it. The moment we got to HRC, it was almost a full house! We were lucky not to have to wait in a queue. Those people probably thought to take advantage of the lunch set too. 
Anyway, there were four main courses offered in the lunch set menu; Chicken Marinara, Chicken Pasta, Hamburger and Grilled Fish. I opted for the Chicken Marina…