Skip to main content



So here's the thing... Am not really in a great disposition at the moment or rather... lately. Something happened/didn't happen/about to happen... I don't know. But all I know is, my emotions are in an all time highs and lows which leaves me physically and literally nauseous all the time as if I've been on a perpetual rollercoaster ride. Sometimes I'm okay with people around me, other times all I wanna do is disappear and just be by myself. I am stressed out all the time, or rather I have a distressed feeling in my heart. It aches so bad at times that I literally cry out in pain. There are days when all I want to do is just lie curled up in my bed and not face the world. It takes me so much energy and effort to pull myself together and put up a brave front that at the end of the long day all I could do is collapse, exhausted and spent.

But then I have to put up this front. I can't let people around me see this. All they see is how exhausted I am and I could easily account for my lack of breaks from work. It's disguised so perfectly that when people ask me why am different I'd just smile tiredly and say, "Sorry, am just tired from work. It's been so stressful".

I lost my appetite that even though I am famished, the moment the food is there within my reach, I'd shy away from it. The situation makes me want to vomit so badly even without anything in my stomach. I go to bed tired and I wake up exhausted with puffy eyes. My sleep is starting to be disturbed. I wake up every 2 hours not knowing why. And I struggle to fall back to sleep because my mind will immediately be flooded with my thoughts and emotions. Nonetheless, I fall back into fitful slumber.

Day in, day out... one day at a time.

I busy myself with work, I ignore it even though it is right under my nose, I act nonchalant like I haven't noticed a thing, I made myself the butt of jokes as I often do, I make others laugh and laugh with them. I have been made the fool, as I have often been. I just wasn't.

I feel like I've let people down with yet another of my failure. Just another one to be lined up among the many failures in my life. For that, am so sorry. I think from now on, let's just not have any expectations. I didn't mean to bring your hopes up as I did mine. It would've been easier if I had just been numb and indifferent from the start. My mistake was to let myself feel. Perhaps I am not meant to feel. And I am so sorry. Truly I am. If not for you, then to myself. I have let myself get hurt... again.

I hide this from my parents, I hide it from Buffy who usually knows everything, I hide it from my friends because I cannot let them see me at my weakest, I most definitely hide it from my work, I'd hide it from myself if I could.

So please, let me be on a hiatus for a while to regroup myself. To lick my wounds and lie to myself enough to convince myself that I am fine.

Yours truly


Aleanor said…
Here's a hug for you! *hugsss*
Shugabelle said…
Thanks Aleanor... *hugs*

Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

Life After... Pt4

"I want to see the trees."
Those were his last words to me on 26th May 2017. The day when we discovered Mum's cancer, the day Dad did his darnedest during physio at his bed just to get on the wheelchair, the day we took him for a little walk around the ward, the day before the 1st of Ramadhan... The day he had a stroke.
We would never hear his voice again after that day until Allah called him home on 16th June 2017, 21st Ramadhan 1438H. 
There were a few things that he wanted, which I failed to fulfill. For breakfast the day he was first brought to the hospital in Ipoh, he had told me he wanted fresh milk from Salim's Restaurant - I'm sure with 3 teaspoons of sugar for that perfect taste. While he was in the ward, he wanted some Miso soup from Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant, but logistically it was hard to get to the nearest Rakuzen and I only got him some Miso soup from Sushi Zanmai. He wanted some jelly when he was sitting on the wheelchair - I told him we would b…

Life After... Pt 2

Dad was admitted in the ICU on the morning of 30th April. He had a severe case of pneumonia (and no one knew how things escalated so quickly to acute pneumonia save for Allah). When we first arrived at the Accident & Emergency, the attending physician who is a Cardiologist specially assigned by a friend’s father as the Director of the hospital, explained that all they needed to do was to give Dad antibiotics and nebulizer. Dad was supposed to be in the ICU for three days for monitoring and treatment, and it was expected that he would be right as rain. Although the Doctor did say that there was a possibility that Dad may be intubated just to help him recover better. I didn’t know it then but it turned out that “intubated” meant Dad would be sedated. So when he was wheeled to his bay at the ICU and suddenly the Doctor said there was a complication, I felt an awful feeling at the pit of my stomach. Dad’s case was much more complex than a normal pneumonia case would be because he was …