Skip to main content

Things that start with 'Happy'

Whoa... look at the 'cobwebs' in this place! It's been close to THREE months since my last update. Thankfully not a single part of my life has been put on hold except the updating bit. Haha.

So hello again everyone... How have y'all been doin? Happy Christmas; Happy New Year; Happy Birthday to Mae (my bestest friend in the www Whole Wide World!!); Happy Chinese New Year; and soon-to-be Happy Valentine's Day; and Happy Maulidur Rasul. Hope y'all are fan-freakin-tastic and life is just giving you all the goodness and wholesomeness it has to offer.

This year, 2011, even though has only 'barely' begun (yes, I know... it's already February) has been SO full that I felt like it's MORE than February. I mean time is moving so fast and so sudden that I hardly seem to have any time to breathe! But at the same time, I am living... like really enjoying life. My life has restarted somehow. My job is getting more and more interesting and challenging daily; I feel like I'm that sponge I once was at (ehem) 21 when I had my very first job. I feel energised and renewed that it's liberating. I feel like anything that I put my mind and heart to is possible. It's a world of huge possibilities and for the first time in a long time, I wake up day after day with excitement and exhilaration over what's in store. I have resuscitated the workaholic in me it's RIDICULOUS! And the best part is, I can still laugh and have fun in the process.

I also have made new friends along the way. Good, fun people who make my day-to-day interesting. I'd say they're the finishing touches to the goodness of my new job. Good company. I am grateful for my old friends who love me for who I am, and my family who... well I guess they just HAVE to love me coz I'm their flesh and blood. Haha! But seriously, my heart, right now, is just full of good feeling, which makes up for all and any of, or lack thereof, of boyfriends or lovers. I want to be in this state long, long time, and I want to remember this so that if and when I start to have my down days, I can read back on this and be super grateful. InsyaAllah and AMIN...

Now... I know I have LOADS to update on, especially on past happenings which were really HAPPENING to the max. But time doesn't permit me to right now. The very ONE thing that I just HAVE to update on would be my best friend's wedding back in TEN-TEN-TENNNN!!! (yeah... I wrote about this some time in November - I think - but it's not complete now issit?!). I'll try to put up some pictorial updates on this and hopefully that will be the start of my regular updating again. Whatever it is, I must update BEFORE the next time I travel to Perth, which should be (GOD-willing) in late August or early September. Hehehe...

And if I feel like it, I'll even tell about some 'fellas' that I met who have caught my interest. Haha! At this point my friends would probably say, "There she goes again with the next crush in her plate. When will she ever get a boyfriend?!". If only I was the risk-taking type right, peeps? :p

Okay, so this (ehem) 25 year old lady still needs a bit of growing up to do. But am determined to make my life an adventure every single day. I work hard, I play hard and GOD-willing, pray hard!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

The Time I was Flying Blue with KLM

About two months ago I came back from a magnificent travel experience to the UK and Paris. I fully intend to write all about it as it was my very first solo trip ever! But this post is not about that per se. I plan to break down the solo trip experience so that it will not be too heavy in one posting. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share a little bit about my experience travelling for the first time with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as they were my chosen carrier to take me on this wonderful journey. 
From the get go, I would say it was not exactly all smooth flowing. My own unfamiliarity and inexperience with them probably contributed to the little bumps along the way but thankfully their customer service team is well trained and equipped to help iron out any hurdles or uncertainties that I faced. 
The booking was unique in its own right. The selection of flight dates, times and class was all standard. Then when it came to payment was when I discovered the first uniqueness, or rather the second …

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 2

I've already had some food in my system, and while it's probably on its way to full digestion now, let's try putting in a half decent blog post.

Like I said, after a long, I believe 2-year hiatus from blogging, I had really thought I would let blogging die a natural death and stop just like that. But as things occur in my life, I find myself itching to write again.
Like today. 
First, during lunch time. 
One of my colleagues, let's call her Kay, told us that Hard Rock Cafe has a pretty good lunch set menu. It comes with a salad, main course and dessert, and a refillable drink for the price of a normal main course. So of course we jumped to it. The moment we got to HRC, it was almost a full house! We were lucky not to have to wait in a queue. Those people probably thought to take advantage of the lunch set too. 
Anyway, there were four main courses offered in the lunch set menu; Chicken Marinara, Chicken Pasta, Hamburger and Grilled Fish. I opted for the Chicken Marina…