Skip to main content

Can you Smell the Weekend?

Today is travelling day! Yup, you guessed it... am going to the South yet again. Hmm... I wonder when I'll be able to head North where I feel more at home. Haha.

Anyways, this week things have been SO annoying at work. Just when I thought the little rapid was calming down, along comes another one. It's like if you put it all together, it would probably tantamount to Niagara Falls (which is sort of what I feel sometimes when I bottle it up to put those crap aside). I BURST!

I have been giving little outbursts here and there, and it's quite possible that pretty soon some of these people will tend to not like me. And lo and behold, it could be that one of them turns into a backstabber. Hmm... maybe that's why I've been feeling this stabbing feeling in between my shoulder blades. Haha! But jokes aside, I'll try to maintain my cool. So far the people I work with are receptive to my... ahem... advances(?) but you just never know when I might have crossed the line somewhere unknowingly. I'll just pray I won't have to face the same kind of shit that I went through in the last years. So boring...

Okay, so on to funner news; I'm going to a wedding party this Saturday (which is tomorrow). So after tiredly making my way back from the South, I'd say I would have about an hour's rest, two, at most, before I need to get to the party venue. My friend's getting married!! I guess she would already be married by the time the party starts coz she's doing the "reception" at a... posh nightclub. Hehe. Yep, unconventional but it's HER wedding anyways.

I'm aiming for that to keep my mood up. :) And don't forget, I have Monday off. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Can you tell I'm excited??


Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

Life After... Pt4

"I want to see the trees."
Those were his last words to me on 26th May 2017. The day when we discovered Mum's cancer, the day Dad did his darnedest during physio at his bed just to get on the wheelchair, the day we took him for a little walk around the ward, the day before the 1st of Ramadhan... The day he had a stroke.
We would never hear his voice again after that day until Allah called him home on 16th June 2017, 21st Ramadhan 1438H. 
There were a few things that he wanted, which I failed to fulfill. For breakfast the day he was first brought to the hospital in Ipoh, he had told me he wanted fresh milk from Salim's Restaurant - I'm sure with 3 teaspoons of sugar for that perfect taste. While he was in the ward, he wanted some Miso soup from Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant, but logistically it was hard to get to the nearest Rakuzen and I only got him some Miso soup from Sushi Zanmai. He wanted some jelly when he was sitting on the wheelchair - I told him we would b…

Life After... Pt 2

Dad was admitted in the ICU on the morning of 30th April. He had a severe case of pneumonia (and no one knew how things escalated so quickly to acute pneumonia save for Allah). When we first arrived at the Accident & Emergency, the attending physician who is a Cardiologist specially assigned by a friend’s father as the Director of the hospital, explained that all they needed to do was to give Dad antibiotics and nebulizer. Dad was supposed to be in the ICU for three days for monitoring and treatment, and it was expected that he would be right as rain. Although the Doctor did say that there was a possibility that Dad may be intubated just to help him recover better. I didn’t know it then but it turned out that “intubated” meant Dad would be sedated. So when he was wheeled to his bay at the ICU and suddenly the Doctor said there was a complication, I felt an awful feeling at the pit of my stomach. Dad’s case was much more complex than a normal pneumonia case would be because he was …