Skip to main content

Sitting Up In My Room

I'm hanging out in my hotel room watching 'The Women' for the upteenth time. Yep, I don't really get tired of that movie. It's madness but it's kinda fun too.

Oh yes, IN MY HOTEL ROOM. haha! As if that's a huge ass deal, ey? :p

But anyways, part of the deal for my new job is to travel to Johor every so often. This trip makes it the third time in less than a month but it's swell and an adventure. Maybe I'm just mystified by it all still but this is a nice 'honeymoon' period for me at work. I do hope the good feeling won't dissipate for a while. I'm especially glad that I go to work and am able to come home feeling like I've done my job well. It's a self-gratification that I haven't felt in a long while... :)

Now... in case u haven't notice, that ticker up there *points up* is not moving. Yep, am referig to my weight loss project. Since Perth and my new job (I wonder how long I could say this 'new job'), I have been staying far, far away from my green digital weighing machine. Why? Because I know that I probably have gained some weight especially since I have neither been exercising nor have I been really disciplined with my food. Forget about trying to eat salads/veges, I've not even gone grocery shopping! (O_o)

Well, part of the reason is actually moolah. Haha! It's a complicated situation but bottom line is, I've had to survive on practically no source of income until I get my paycheck from my new job. But ALLAH is my saviour because just when I thought I'd have to borrow money from Buffy or my parents, I got my pay for the 9 days of October in my bank. Wahoo!! Soooooo, I'm determined to go do my grocery shopping this weekend and GET BACK ON TRACK.

Other things to get back on track would include; having more family time, updating my blog, catching up with my peeps (yes, you!), planning my future, and prolly analyse what the hell is happening (or not happening) between food boy and I (sigh).

I think I've written quite a lot for this update and am sorry it's just full of word vomit but I'm updating via mobile so... no photos! I'll try do better next time. :D

Ciao peeps! *muahs*


Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

Life After... Pt4

"I want to see the trees."
Those were his last words to me on 26th May 2017. The day when we discovered Mum's cancer, the day Dad did his darnedest during physio at his bed just to get on the wheelchair, the day we took him for a little walk around the ward, the day before the 1st of Ramadhan... The day he had a stroke.
We would never hear his voice again after that day until Allah called him home on 16th June 2017, 21st Ramadhan 1438H. 
There were a few things that he wanted, which I failed to fulfill. For breakfast the day he was first brought to the hospital in Ipoh, he had told me he wanted fresh milk from Salim's Restaurant - I'm sure with 3 teaspoons of sugar for that perfect taste. While he was in the ward, he wanted some Miso soup from Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant, but logistically it was hard to get to the nearest Rakuzen and I only got him some Miso soup from Sushi Zanmai. He wanted some jelly when he was sitting on the wheelchair - I told him we would b…

Life After... Pt 2

Dad was admitted in the ICU on the morning of 30th April. He had a severe case of pneumonia (and no one knew how things escalated so quickly to acute pneumonia save for Allah). When we first arrived at the Accident & Emergency, the attending physician who is a Cardiologist specially assigned by a friend’s father as the Director of the hospital, explained that all they needed to do was to give Dad antibiotics and nebulizer. Dad was supposed to be in the ICU for three days for monitoring and treatment, and it was expected that he would be right as rain. Although the Doctor did say that there was a possibility that Dad may be intubated just to help him recover better. I didn’t know it then but it turned out that “intubated” meant Dad would be sedated. So when he was wheeled to his bay at the ICU and suddenly the Doctor said there was a complication, I felt an awful feeling at the pit of my stomach. Dad’s case was much more complex than a normal pneumonia case would be because he was …