Skip to main content

Countdown to D-day: 69 days left

Now for some updates on my weight loss project. Haven't been talking about that in a while since I was having too much fun with friends. How can I say that? Having too much fun?? I think I'm having just the right amount of fun. :)

Anyways, it's now the 3rd of August, which means there is 69 days left to D-day. Some of you might have already guessed what D-day is, because of some hints that have been dropped off in some of my entries. It has to do with my trip to Perth in October this year and it also has to do with my best friend, Mae. Yep, I'm dropping bigger hints now. I should probably just reveal it now since it's SO near but I'll leave it till the month before... maybe. Hehehehe!

When this segment started I had about 140 days or so to work on my weight loss. My new motivation at that point. After approximately 2.5 months, I am so glad that I've worked my butt to reach the point of losing 10 kilos. That is equivalent to 22 pounds. In the next 2 weeks to mark my 3rd month of healthy eating and exercise, I hope to lose another 8 pounds or 3.6 kilos to reach 30 pounds. If this fella here could do it in 3 months, so can I. :) But yes, I do realise that men and women have very different ways and pace of losing weight so I would just take in whatever tips in there to keep myself going on the food department.

Ookay, I admit, July hasn't been a month filled with healthy eating. I didn't have as much veges and fruits as I should and my water intake went down quite a lot on a daily basis but August, I am determined to get back on track especially coupled with Ramadhan coming up. Discipline and determination are keys to success here! I've started exercising on my x-trainer again after a 2-week hiatus. Slowly reminding my body that it can withstand 40 minutes per work out but yes, I am doing it especially because I am seeing the benefits on myself. :) Trying to control my food intake and cutting out unnecessary indulgence - I 'treated' myself to McD's about two weeks ago after my 2nd milestone achievement but I found that it sort of makes me feel sick after a few months of staying away from it. Then I tried again with KFC, and again I felt sick-ish. Hmm... Good body for 'rejecting' junk - But nevertheless, I am not denying myself the pleasure of good quality food so I never feel deprived. That's important!

Wanna see if there is any changes in me? Maybe you could tell coz I can't really. :p

 
In April 2010

In July 2010


I should take better photos of myself. Muahaha!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Time I was Flying Blue with KLM

About two months ago I came back from a magnificent travel experience to the UK and Paris. I fully intend to write all about it as it was my very first solo trip ever! But this post is not about that per se. I plan to break down the solo trip experience so that it will not be too heavy in one posting. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share a little bit about my experience travelling for the first time with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as they were my chosen carrier to take me on this wonderful journey. 
From the get go, I would say it was not exactly all smooth flowing. My own unfamiliarity and inexperience with them probably contributed to the little bumps along the way but thankfully their customer service team is well trained and equipped to help iron out any hurdles or uncertainties that I faced. 
The booking was unique in its own right. The selection of flight dates, times and class was all standard. Then when it came to payment was when I discovered the first uniqueness, or rather the second …

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 2

I've already had some food in my system, and while it's probably on its way to full digestion now, let's try putting in a half decent blog post.

Like I said, after a long, I believe 2-year hiatus from blogging, I had really thought I would let blogging die a natural death and stop just like that. But as things occur in my life, I find myself itching to write again.
Like today. 
First, during lunch time. 
One of my colleagues, let's call her Kay, told us that Hard Rock Cafe has a pretty good lunch set menu. It comes with a salad, main course and dessert, and a refillable drink for the price of a normal main course. So of course we jumped to it. The moment we got to HRC, it was almost a full house! We were lucky not to have to wait in a queue. Those people probably thought to take advantage of the lunch set too. 
Anyway, there were four main courses offered in the lunch set menu; Chicken Marinara, Chicken Pasta, Hamburger and Grilled Fish. I opted for the Chicken Marina…

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 1

Hello Blogosphere!!
It is I, back from an unintended retirement from the blogging world. Actually, I never did intend to hang my blogging shoes as I did my dancing shoes. But after what seems like (a) lack of time due to work, and (b) lack of inspiration to write about things without sounding like I'm whining (phew... that was a long one), I decided that after a year of hiatus, it is high time to put some thoughts to ... what do you call this?... not paper... blank blog page? Well just type out some thoughts.
Yes.
So here we go. 
Starting now.
Right. Now.
Ok. Any moment now. .

. . . .
Maybe I need to eat first. Haha!