Skip to main content

Cafe Gratitude!

Happy Friday!

I'm starting the day in good spirit. I hope Dr. Feelgood will stay with me all throughout the day so that my weekend will start with a BANG!

A few things to be grateful for. So let's say ALHAMDULILLAH together:

1) Alhamdulillah for good friends and family, who make life more exciting, and who are not stingy with knowledge on culinary adventures (Hehe). A special shoutout to my girl Makbed for this. Look what she taught me to cook last night for break fast:

Sambal Sardine... YUMM! *Hmm... I REALLY need to work on taking better photos*

And the special lady herself... MAKBED with her big brown eyes!

The lot of us; Alphatin, Jasper, Cikinot, (possibly) Rocku and I will be going to where she resides on the 20th of August. A special day indeed because...

a) it's her BIRTHDAY;
b) it's her ANNIVERSARY;
c) it WILL be her baby's FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!

So we'll be having a super party for the three occassions despite it being the middle of Ramadhan. :D

2) Alhamdulillah that I managed to finish replacing last year's fast way before Ramadhan starts on the 11th of August 2010. That's just next week. Yayyy!!!! Anyone else excited by this? I know I am! Ngeeee...

3) Alhamdulillah that since I finished my fast, I get to have pre-Ramadhan 'Hari Raya', which coincidentally falls on the BEST day of the week EVER, Friday. I get to enjoy Friday to the fullest and have a good long lunch which is the last one before Ramadhan starts. After this, it's a WHOLE MONTH of no long lunches on Fridays. Huhu!

4) Alhamdulillah for sponteneity. Yes, being spontaneous and having plans that are not cast in stone are FUN!

5) Alhamdulillah for being alive and well and having good spirits. Also for me still having the tenacity to carry on with my weight loss project. InsyaAllah, I WILL succeed!!

Have a great day everywun! :D


makbed said…
it seems that this month you are fully BOOKED for sooo many occasions.
Shugabelle said…
Oh yes! That's why it's fun. Lot's of excitement underway. :D

Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

Life After... Pt4

"I want to see the trees."
Those were his last words to me on 26th May 2017. The day when we discovered Mum's cancer, the day Dad did his darnedest during physio at his bed just to get on the wheelchair, the day we took him for a little walk around the ward, the day before the 1st of Ramadhan... The day he had a stroke.
We would never hear his voice again after that day until Allah called him home on 16th June 2017, 21st Ramadhan 1438H. 
There were a few things that he wanted, which I failed to fulfill. For breakfast the day he was first brought to the hospital in Ipoh, he had told me he wanted fresh milk from Salim's Restaurant - I'm sure with 3 teaspoons of sugar for that perfect taste. While he was in the ward, he wanted some Miso soup from Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant, but logistically it was hard to get to the nearest Rakuzen and I only got him some Miso soup from Sushi Zanmai. He wanted some jelly when he was sitting on the wheelchair - I told him we would b…

Life After... Pt 2

Dad was admitted in the ICU on the morning of 30th April. He had a severe case of pneumonia (and no one knew how things escalated so quickly to acute pneumonia save for Allah). When we first arrived at the Accident & Emergency, the attending physician who is a Cardiologist specially assigned by a friend’s father as the Director of the hospital, explained that all they needed to do was to give Dad antibiotics and nebulizer. Dad was supposed to be in the ICU for three days for monitoring and treatment, and it was expected that he would be right as rain. Although the Doctor did say that there was a possibility that Dad may be intubated just to help him recover better. I didn’t know it then but it turned out that “intubated” meant Dad would be sedated. So when he was wheeled to his bay at the ICU and suddenly the Doctor said there was a complication, I felt an awful feeling at the pit of my stomach. Dad’s case was much more complex than a normal pneumonia case would be because he was …