Skip to main content

Cafe Gratitude!

Happy Friday!

I'm starting the day in good spirit. I hope Dr. Feelgood will stay with me all throughout the day so that my weekend will start with a BANG!

A few things to be grateful for. So let's say ALHAMDULILLAH together:


1) Alhamdulillah for good friends and family, who make life more exciting, and who are not stingy with knowledge on culinary adventures (Hehe). A special shoutout to my girl Makbed for this. Look what she taught me to cook last night for break fast:


Sambal Sardine... YUMM! *Hmm... I REALLY need to work on taking better photos*

And the special lady herself... MAKBED with her big brown eyes!



The lot of us; Alphatin, Jasper, Cikinot, (possibly) Rocku and I will be going to where she resides on the 20th of August. A special day indeed because...

a) it's her BIRTHDAY;
b) it's her ANNIVERSARY;
c) it WILL be her baby's FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!

So we'll be having a super party for the three occassions despite it being the middle of Ramadhan. :D


2) Alhamdulillah that I managed to finish replacing last year's fast way before Ramadhan starts on the 11th of August 2010. That's just next week. Yayyy!!!! Anyone else excited by this? I know I am! Ngeeee...


3) Alhamdulillah that since I finished my fast, I get to have pre-Ramadhan 'Hari Raya', which coincidentally falls on the BEST day of the week EVER, Friday. I get to enjoy Friday to the fullest and have a good long lunch which is the last one before Ramadhan starts. After this, it's a WHOLE MONTH of no long lunches on Fridays. Huhu!


4) Alhamdulillah for sponteneity. Yes, being spontaneous and having plans that are not cast in stone are FUN!


5) Alhamdulillah for being alive and well and having good spirits. Also for me still having the tenacity to carry on with my weight loss project. InsyaAllah, I WILL succeed!!


Have a great day everywun! :D

Comments

makbed said…
it seems that this month you are fully BOOKED for sooo many occasions.
Shugabelle said…
Oh yes! That's why it's fun. Lot's of excitement underway. :D

Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

The Time I was Flying Blue with KLM

About two months ago I came back from a magnificent travel experience to the UK and Paris. I fully intend to write all about it as it was my very first solo trip ever! But this post is not about that per se. I plan to break down the solo trip experience so that it will not be too heavy in one posting. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share a little bit about my experience travelling for the first time with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as they were my chosen carrier to take me on this wonderful journey. 
From the get go, I would say it was not exactly all smooth flowing. My own unfamiliarity and inexperience with them probably contributed to the little bumps along the way but thankfully their customer service team is well trained and equipped to help iron out any hurdles or uncertainties that I faced. 
The booking was unique in its own right. The selection of flight dates, times and class was all standard. Then when it came to payment was when I discovered the first uniqueness, or rather the second …

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 2

I've already had some food in my system, and while it's probably on its way to full digestion now, let's try putting in a half decent blog post.

Like I said, after a long, I believe 2-year hiatus from blogging, I had really thought I would let blogging die a natural death and stop just like that. But as things occur in my life, I find myself itching to write again.
Like today. 
First, during lunch time. 
One of my colleagues, let's call her Kay, told us that Hard Rock Cafe has a pretty good lunch set menu. It comes with a salad, main course and dessert, and a refillable drink for the price of a normal main course. So of course we jumped to it. The moment we got to HRC, it was almost a full house! We were lucky not to have to wait in a queue. Those people probably thought to take advantage of the lunch set too. 
Anyway, there were four main courses offered in the lunch set menu; Chicken Marinara, Chicken Pasta, Hamburger and Grilled Fish. I opted for the Chicken Marina…