Skip to main content

It's Earth Hour Yet Again!


It's been exactly 21 days since my last post in, which I ranted about being exhausted. Finally, last Friday I caved in after yet another bout of migraine. As usual, my migraines begin from the very moment I wake up in the morning (whenever it strikes). But thinking it's not a serious one, I decided to put mind over matter and headed out to work. While at work, nausea washed over me, I couldn't see straight and I knew. So I went to the Doctor near my office, got checked, given the funniest and truest prescription of, "Get a life! Take a chill pill once in a while. Doctor's orders!", and proceeded to go home for the rest of the day.

Yes, it was so that the Doctor gave me the day off from work due to stress related migraine. When I got home, the lights of my life had already arrived from Hippo and I instantly felt a whole lot of pressure lifted as I see their loving faces. My world became at peace again for that wonderful moment...

The next day was Earth Hour day. And I love my parents SO much for actually doing it for/with me. Saturday had it's share of drama but it was still good. But as Earth Hour was nearing, I had half a heart about it - my emotions were in turmoil. So I decided to go out and get dinner for us, which resulted in me being late for Earth Hour. My mood was further depressed as I made my way home only to see most of my neighbours and the surrounding neighbourhood totally disregarding Earth Hour (I know there are lots of sceptics around but I was wishful thinking nonetheless). You see, despite my half-heartedness, I was also hoping the spirit of unity surrounding the act would encourage me to continue with the motion. So imagine my delight when I got home and found my house pitch black in darkness. My parents, however much they do not really believe in Earth Hour, did it for me. A simple flick of the switch and my Mum was in the kitchen with only candles to light her way. Of course, we had our tele on (which technically means we cheated some) but that was a compromise between me and Dad so that the parents wouldn't miss the TV show - Akademi Fantasia. LOL! :D

And so, we had our candlelit family dinner for Earth Hour 2010.




I love my family...! :D :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Time I was Flying Blue with KLM

About two months ago I came back from a magnificent travel experience to the UK and Paris. I fully intend to write all about it as it was my very first solo trip ever! But this post is not about that per se. I plan to break down the solo trip experience so that it will not be too heavy in one posting. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share a little bit about my experience travelling for the first time with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as they were my chosen carrier to take me on this wonderful journey. 
From the get go, I would say it was not exactly all smooth flowing. My own unfamiliarity and inexperience with them probably contributed to the little bumps along the way but thankfully their customer service team is well trained and equipped to help iron out any hurdles or uncertainties that I faced. 
The booking was unique in its own right. The selection of flight dates, times and class was all standard. Then when it came to payment was when I discovered the first uniqueness, or rather the second …

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 2

I've already had some food in my system, and while it's probably on its way to full digestion now, let's try putting in a half decent blog post.

Like I said, after a long, I believe 2-year hiatus from blogging, I had really thought I would let blogging die a natural death and stop just like that. But as things occur in my life, I find myself itching to write again.
Like today. 
First, during lunch time. 
One of my colleagues, let's call her Kay, told us that Hard Rock Cafe has a pretty good lunch set menu. It comes with a salad, main course and dessert, and a refillable drink for the price of a normal main course. So of course we jumped to it. The moment we got to HRC, it was almost a full house! We were lucky not to have to wait in a queue. Those people probably thought to take advantage of the lunch set too. 
Anyway, there were four main courses offered in the lunch set menu; Chicken Marinara, Chicken Pasta, Hamburger and Grilled Fish. I opted for the Chicken Marina…

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 1

Hello Blogosphere!!
It is I, back from an unintended retirement from the blogging world. Actually, I never did intend to hang my blogging shoes as I did my dancing shoes. But after what seems like (a) lack of time due to work, and (b) lack of inspiration to write about things without sounding like I'm whining (phew... that was a long one), I decided that after a year of hiatus, it is high time to put some thoughts to ... what do you call this?... not paper... blank blog page? Well just type out some thoughts.
Yes.
So here we go. 
Starting now.
Right. Now.
Ok. Any moment now. .

. . . .
Maybe I need to eat first. Haha!