Skip to main content

It's Earth Hour Yet Again!

It's been exactly 21 days since my last post in, which I ranted about being exhausted. Finally, last Friday I caved in after yet another bout of migraine. As usual, my migraines begin from the very moment I wake up in the morning (whenever it strikes). But thinking it's not a serious one, I decided to put mind over matter and headed out to work. While at work, nausea washed over me, I couldn't see straight and I knew. So I went to the Doctor near my office, got checked, given the funniest and truest prescription of, "Get a life! Take a chill pill once in a while. Doctor's orders!", and proceeded to go home for the rest of the day.

Yes, it was so that the Doctor gave me the day off from work due to stress related migraine. When I got home, the lights of my life had already arrived from Hippo and I instantly felt a whole lot of pressure lifted as I see their loving faces. My world became at peace again for that wonderful moment...

The next day was Earth Hour day. And I love my parents SO much for actually doing it for/with me. Saturday had it's share of drama but it was still good. But as Earth Hour was nearing, I had half a heart about it - my emotions were in turmoil. So I decided to go out and get dinner for us, which resulted in me being late for Earth Hour. My mood was further depressed as I made my way home only to see most of my neighbours and the surrounding neighbourhood totally disregarding Earth Hour (I know there are lots of sceptics around but I was wishful thinking nonetheless). You see, despite my half-heartedness, I was also hoping the spirit of unity surrounding the act would encourage me to continue with the motion. So imagine my delight when I got home and found my house pitch black in darkness. My parents, however much they do not really believe in Earth Hour, did it for me. A simple flick of the switch and my Mum was in the kitchen with only candles to light her way. Of course, we had our tele on (which technically means we cheated some) but that was a compromise between me and Dad so that the parents wouldn't miss the TV show - Akademi Fantasia. LOL! :D

And so, we had our candlelit family dinner for Earth Hour 2010.

I love my family...! :D :D


Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

Life After... Pt4

"I want to see the trees."
Those were his last words to me on 26th May 2017. The day when we discovered Mum's cancer, the day Dad did his darnedest during physio at his bed just to get on the wheelchair, the day we took him for a little walk around the ward, the day before the 1st of Ramadhan... The day he had a stroke.
We would never hear his voice again after that day until Allah called him home on 16th June 2017, 21st Ramadhan 1438H. 
There were a few things that he wanted, which I failed to fulfill. For breakfast the day he was first brought to the hospital in Ipoh, he had told me he wanted fresh milk from Salim's Restaurant - I'm sure with 3 teaspoons of sugar for that perfect taste. While he was in the ward, he wanted some Miso soup from Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant, but logistically it was hard to get to the nearest Rakuzen and I only got him some Miso soup from Sushi Zanmai. He wanted some jelly when he was sitting on the wheelchair - I told him we would b…

Life After... Pt 2

Dad was admitted in the ICU on the morning of 30th April. He had a severe case of pneumonia (and no one knew how things escalated so quickly to acute pneumonia save for Allah). When we first arrived at the Accident & Emergency, the attending physician who is a Cardiologist specially assigned by a friend’s father as the Director of the hospital, explained that all they needed to do was to give Dad antibiotics and nebulizer. Dad was supposed to be in the ICU for three days for monitoring and treatment, and it was expected that he would be right as rain. Although the Doctor did say that there was a possibility that Dad may be intubated just to help him recover better. I didn’t know it then but it turned out that “intubated” meant Dad would be sedated. So when he was wheeled to his bay at the ICU and suddenly the Doctor said there was a complication, I felt an awful feeling at the pit of my stomach. Dad’s case was much more complex than a normal pneumonia case would be because he was …