Skip to main content


Sometimes, I just get so tired. Tired of all the things happening and not happening around me. I know this sounds very selfish and immature. But there are just times when I feel like doing and having whatever I want without any qualms. Like taking the day off without having the permission of anyone. Or going travelling to exotic places without worrying about where the money is going to come from. Or having the pleasure of seeing people I love whenever I want.

This morning, I felt exactly that.

I know it's Monday and I probably have a withdrawal syndrome from the weekend. But the urge to stay in bed was much, much stronger today. It was like I cannot accept the fact that today is a workday and I have to see these people at work (who sometimes I do not bear any love for) for the next 5 days of my life. And it doesn't stop there either. It just goes on and on and on...

My parents are planning on going on vacation trips this year. The upcoming one is to Krabi and they've asked me to join them. And then they're heading to the UK and Paris in May in time for Roland Garros. Buffy and BIL are going with them and as they booked the tickets, I was thinking, "Why the hell aren't I going?!".

So I've compensated with myself that I will do what I can to go to Krabi and also make sure that Perth 2010 emerges. I think I need a nice long break from work. Long enough for me to miss work, perhaps. I also think I need to leave this current workplace and move on to "greener" pastures. Somewhere where it's "fresher" with newer faces and problems.

Anyhow, that's the wish for March 2010 - Second week and I'm already feeling drained. Meh!


Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

Life After... Pt4

"I want to see the trees."
Those were his last words to me on 26th May 2017. The day when we discovered Mum's cancer, the day Dad did his darnedest during physio at his bed just to get on the wheelchair, the day we took him for a little walk around the ward, the day before the 1st of Ramadhan... The day he had a stroke.
We would never hear his voice again after that day until Allah called him home on 16th June 2017, 21st Ramadhan 1438H. 
There were a few things that he wanted, which I failed to fulfill. For breakfast the day he was first brought to the hospital in Ipoh, he had told me he wanted fresh milk from Salim's Restaurant - I'm sure with 3 teaspoons of sugar for that perfect taste. While he was in the ward, he wanted some Miso soup from Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant, but logistically it was hard to get to the nearest Rakuzen and I only got him some Miso soup from Sushi Zanmai. He wanted some jelly when he was sitting on the wheelchair - I told him we would b…

Life After... Pt 2

Dad was admitted in the ICU on the morning of 30th April. He had a severe case of pneumonia (and no one knew how things escalated so quickly to acute pneumonia save for Allah). When we first arrived at the Accident & Emergency, the attending physician who is a Cardiologist specially assigned by a friend’s father as the Director of the hospital, explained that all they needed to do was to give Dad antibiotics and nebulizer. Dad was supposed to be in the ICU for three days for monitoring and treatment, and it was expected that he would be right as rain. Although the Doctor did say that there was a possibility that Dad may be intubated just to help him recover better. I didn’t know it then but it turned out that “intubated” meant Dad would be sedated. So when he was wheeled to his bay at the ICU and suddenly the Doctor said there was a complication, I felt an awful feeling at the pit of my stomach. Dad’s case was much more complex than a normal pneumonia case would be because he was …