Skip to main content

As I Ponder...

Sometimes, the everyday things in life that happens makes me wonder if it would lead to something bigger. Grander. Destiny.

My family and friends know me for one who has never really paid much heed about matters of the heart. Preferring to be nonchalant about it most of the time. They also know that in all my 26 years of life, I've never even been in a romantic relationship with a man. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about... love.

The last few... I'm not even sure when it actually began, someone's been giving me some particular attention. Rather unexpectedly, I must confess. The kind of attention that is rather pleasant. Courtingly. Could it be that I've met someone?

I really can't say. At least not yet.

It started with him indicating that he'd ask me out some time, although until today he hasn't asked me for my digits. Then he packed me food which he bought at lunch time but passed to me through a medium. And yesterday, he did it again and openly gave the food to me in front of colleagues. He also called my extension to ask how I was after I returned to work from being sick. Seeming concerned or perhaps just making conversation before getting down to business.

Anyways, I'll keep writing about it until it gets figured out. That's pretty much how things get sorted out for me. When it's written down or drawn out, until I get to the point when it's crystal clear.

Talking to peeps and family help too but sometimes, we don't get to hear what we want/need to hear and needed to rely on ourselves to decide in the end. So I'll take the independent road for now. Sort of to leave it to fate but see if I could make a destiny. And it's not just about love, but also life in general too.

Nevertheless, I still need you, my friend. You're still important in my life. Coz you make it bigger and grander in every way.


Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

Life After... Pt4

"I want to see the trees."
Those were his last words to me on 26th May 2017. The day when we discovered Mum's cancer, the day Dad did his darnedest during physio at his bed just to get on the wheelchair, the day we took him for a little walk around the ward, the day before the 1st of Ramadhan... The day he had a stroke.
We would never hear his voice again after that day until Allah called him home on 16th June 2017, 21st Ramadhan 1438H. 
There were a few things that he wanted, which I failed to fulfill. For breakfast the day he was first brought to the hospital in Ipoh, he had told me he wanted fresh milk from Salim's Restaurant - I'm sure with 3 teaspoons of sugar for that perfect taste. While he was in the ward, he wanted some Miso soup from Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant, but logistically it was hard to get to the nearest Rakuzen and I only got him some Miso soup from Sushi Zanmai. He wanted some jelly when he was sitting on the wheelchair - I told him we would b…

Life After... Pt 2

Dad was admitted in the ICU on the morning of 30th April. He had a severe case of pneumonia (and no one knew how things escalated so quickly to acute pneumonia save for Allah). When we first arrived at the Accident & Emergency, the attending physician who is a Cardiologist specially assigned by a friend’s father as the Director of the hospital, explained that all they needed to do was to give Dad antibiotics and nebulizer. Dad was supposed to be in the ICU for three days for monitoring and treatment, and it was expected that he would be right as rain. Although the Doctor did say that there was a possibility that Dad may be intubated just to help him recover better. I didn’t know it then but it turned out that “intubated” meant Dad would be sedated. So when he was wheeled to his bay at the ICU and suddenly the Doctor said there was a complication, I felt an awful feeling at the pit of my stomach. Dad’s case was much more complex than a normal pneumonia case would be because he was …