Skip to main content

12th of a Good Day

Yesterday was a good day.

I decided to take the day off from work and offer myself as chauffer for Mak. Although I was bummed about the realisation that my computer is KAPUT the night before, I was full of energy and excitement for my day out with mum. We didn't have much planned because mum was having her NGO meeting in the afternoon. But before anything, breakfast would be in order. We went over to the club for some nice Yong Tau Foo and Chee Cheong Fun and had a pleasant time just chit chatting, catching up on family matters.

After that, I drove her to her meeting for her NGO and decided to while away my time at the Curve. Finally ate my Ikea hotdog! (SO GOOD). Then I went to the little shop where I got my maxi dress from to check out their latest collection. I was determined to get some dresses for Eid and wouldn't you know it I came out of the store with two dresses and a short-sleeved cardi. *grins*

Before long, Mak called to say she was done with her meeting and as I was making my way to her, Bapak called to say that he has arrived home. Guess what though, he didn't have the house key! So I rushed to get Mak and make our way home. Good thing Bapak won the game. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure we would have got an earful from him. Phew...!

Then Buffy messaged to say that we should all go out for dinner. Excitedly we got ready and waited for her to come back early. BUT SHE DIDN'T! She came home late and so we had to cancel our dinner outing. Instead of Japanese, we settled for Dominos. When she finally did come back at 10pm, she announced that she got... PROMOTED!! WAHOOooo!! You know what that means, right? Extra moolah come tumbling in all at once! Yay!!! We're all so proud of her. All that hard work and late nights have finally paid off. *grins*

And with that, our good day concluded. I had a great time bonding with Mum, got new dresses for Eid, Dad won the golf tourney and Buffy is promoted. Alhamdulillah.


Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

The Time I was Flying Blue with KLM

About two months ago I came back from a magnificent travel experience to the UK and Paris. I fully intend to write all about it as it was my very first solo trip ever! But this post is not about that per se. I plan to break down the solo trip experience so that it will not be too heavy in one posting. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share a little bit about my experience travelling for the first time with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as they were my chosen carrier to take me on this wonderful journey. 
From the get go, I would say it was not exactly all smooth flowing. My own unfamiliarity and inexperience with them probably contributed to the little bumps along the way but thankfully their customer service team is well trained and equipped to help iron out any hurdles or uncertainties that I faced. 
The booking was unique in its own right. The selection of flight dates, times and class was all standard. Then when it came to payment was when I discovered the first uniqueness, or rather the second …

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 2

I've already had some food in my system, and while it's probably on its way to full digestion now, let's try putting in a half decent blog post.

Like I said, after a long, I believe 2-year hiatus from blogging, I had really thought I would let blogging die a natural death and stop just like that. But as things occur in my life, I find myself itching to write again.
Like today. 
First, during lunch time. 
One of my colleagues, let's call her Kay, told us that Hard Rock Cafe has a pretty good lunch set menu. It comes with a salad, main course and dessert, and a refillable drink for the price of a normal main course. So of course we jumped to it. The moment we got to HRC, it was almost a full house! We were lucky not to have to wait in a queue. Those people probably thought to take advantage of the lunch set too. 
Anyway, there were four main courses offered in the lunch set menu; Chicken Marinara, Chicken Pasta, Hamburger and Grilled Fish. I opted for the Chicken Marina…