Skip to main content

One week later

Wouldn't you know it... it's already APRIL! Where did the time go? It seemed like time just went by in a blur. A lot of things happening all at one time, making me sometimes confused over what day it was! Scary innit?

Anyways, the past close to two weeks since my last post have been rather hectic. It's already Friday the 3rd of April 2009. Three days into the new month and I still haven't got a clue. Meh!

So things that happened since the last post... Not too much because it staggers.

1) Office movement exercise - Yes, the third time I've move offices since joining this group in 2007. Can you believe that?! I shouldn't complain so much since I haven't really been here as long as some people and have moved as many times as they have in the past. I have been told that this company has been moving offices for more than five times already. Amazingly enough, it's always within the same vicinity as we are right now. The good thing about this move is, we're still in the same building but only in different floors. Now, we're just trying to settle in and get in the groove of working again. Btw, did I mention there is no air conditioning in the new place? That is to say, the air conditioning is not activated yet because of some... problems. *hint hint*

So, here we are working in swelteringly negative conditions trying to give the best that we can. Stupid much! Thank GOD it's Friday.

2) Annual Dinner plans - The company's about to have an annual dinner that comes once in a blue moon... It's tomorrow night. And guess what. I'm in the organising committee - not by choice, I might add. More like sucked into it by gravitational pull. This is what happens when you can't say 'NO'. When I say organising committee, it means I have to be involved in the dance performance, be the opening emcee, write the speech for the Chairman, go for dance practices and waste away my Saturday from morning until late at night tomorrow. Aiya... But I hope that it will be enjoyable that I won't even mind it. Besides, I have a nice dress that I am really excited to wear. Yay!!

So add all this and the office movement, you will get exhaustion, inability to sleep well and brain drain (because I also need brain power and energy to do the normal work that requires thinking. Dayum!).


I've also got some news... :)

One of my applications, you know the one that requires me to take an assessment test with maths in them (yeah, that one), is about to fruit into an interview. YES!! I know this for a fact because the HR people called me up and told me this, and hopefully by next week they will contact me to set an interview with me. So friends, please pray for me and with me and keep your fingers crossed. GOD, please... Thank you. Amin...

More updates to come with pictures. Ta!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Time I was Flying Blue with KLM

About two months ago I came back from a magnificent travel experience to the UK and Paris. I fully intend to write all about it as it was my very first solo trip ever! But this post is not about that per se. I plan to break down the solo trip experience so that it will not be too heavy in one posting. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share a little bit about my experience travelling for the first time with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as they were my chosen carrier to take me on this wonderful journey. 
From the get go, I would say it was not exactly all smooth flowing. My own unfamiliarity and inexperience with them probably contributed to the little bumps along the way but thankfully their customer service team is well trained and equipped to help iron out any hurdles or uncertainties that I faced. 
The booking was unique in its own right. The selection of flight dates, times and class was all standard. Then when it came to payment was when I discovered the first uniqueness, or rather the second …

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 2

I've already had some food in my system, and while it's probably on its way to full digestion now, let's try putting in a half decent blog post.

Like I said, after a long, I believe 2-year hiatus from blogging, I had really thought I would let blogging die a natural death and stop just like that. But as things occur in my life, I find myself itching to write again.
Like today. 
First, during lunch time. 
One of my colleagues, let's call her Kay, told us that Hard Rock Cafe has a pretty good lunch set menu. It comes with a salad, main course and dessert, and a refillable drink for the price of a normal main course. So of course we jumped to it. The moment we got to HRC, it was almost a full house! We were lucky not to have to wait in a queue. Those people probably thought to take advantage of the lunch set too. 
Anyway, there were four main courses offered in the lunch set menu; Chicken Marinara, Chicken Pasta, Hamburger and Grilled Fish. I opted for the Chicken Marina…

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 1

Hello Blogosphere!!
It is I, back from an unintended retirement from the blogging world. Actually, I never did intend to hang my blogging shoes as I did my dancing shoes. But after what seems like (a) lack of time due to work, and (b) lack of inspiration to write about things without sounding like I'm whining (phew... that was a long one), I decided that after a year of hiatus, it is high time to put some thoughts to ... what do you call this?... not paper... blank blog page? Well just type out some thoughts.
Yes.
So here we go. 
Starting now.
Right. Now.
Ok. Any moment now. .

. . . .
Maybe I need to eat first. Haha!