Skip to main content

Tuesday... definitely, maybe

Sitting home alone (for now) on a Tuesday night watching 'Definitely, Maybe' for the upteenth time. I don't think I will ever get tired of this movie. Don't you just love movies that you never get tired of and can watch over and over again? *warm fuzzy feeling*

Anyways, it's good to be back and writing on my blog again (sanely this time). I know it hasn't been that long but then for the past few days, what with my PMS-sy bitchiness and suffering one of the worst times of the month late last week, I thought I needed some time to 'recuperate' by being more in touch with actual people rather than sinking just into my own thoughts.

("I've Got a Crush on You" is playing in the movie right now... *sigh*).

I ended up taking Thursday and Friday off from work last week coz I wasn't feeling well. It was truly a blessing as I was already feeling like I couldn't take anymore crap at work. Hence, being sick saved me from insanity. Then on Friday night, I felt better, which was just as well because Real-lei-ty smsed me to ask me to support Pinkstar's product launch that night. So, I pulled out some energy locked in my emergency case and somehow looked good enough to enjoy the night with the girls. I had fun despite the occassional pains I felt.

Then on Saturday... well you kinda already know what happened on Saturday with my 'forced insomnia'. But before I hung out with my siblings, I went to see my uncle in the hospital with Buffy and met my brother and his wife there too, along with other relatives. Anyhow, my uncle is really weak but you can always tell that he's excited to see the family who visits him. I hope he will be out in the clear soon. But for now, I trust that he's in good hands and God will take care of him too.

Sunday wasn't such a bad day but I still popped a pill since it was unbearable. After that, Buffy and I went out for some retail therapy. Not too much but enough to make us girls very excited and happy. I was also glad that the pain subsided after the pill so that I was able to enjoy the day with my sister.

It was a really nice way to conclude my sickly weekend, which made me sort of ready to face the new work week... At least this week I'm not in the office all the time since I am one of the exhibitors for a career fair (thank GOD!!). But, yeah, my feet hurt like hell!

A price I willingly pay... :D


Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

Life After... Pt4

"I want to see the trees."
Those were his last words to me on 26th May 2017. The day when we discovered Mum's cancer, the day Dad did his darnedest during physio at his bed just to get on the wheelchair, the day we took him for a little walk around the ward, the day before the 1st of Ramadhan... The day he had a stroke.
We would never hear his voice again after that day until Allah called him home on 16th June 2017, 21st Ramadhan 1438H. 
There were a few things that he wanted, which I failed to fulfill. For breakfast the day he was first brought to the hospital in Ipoh, he had told me he wanted fresh milk from Salim's Restaurant - I'm sure with 3 teaspoons of sugar for that perfect taste. While he was in the ward, he wanted some Miso soup from Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant, but logistically it was hard to get to the nearest Rakuzen and I only got him some Miso soup from Sushi Zanmai. He wanted some jelly when he was sitting on the wheelchair - I told him we would b…

Life After... Pt 2

Dad was admitted in the ICU on the morning of 30th April. He had a severe case of pneumonia (and no one knew how things escalated so quickly to acute pneumonia save for Allah). When we first arrived at the Accident & Emergency, the attending physician who is a Cardiologist specially assigned by a friend’s father as the Director of the hospital, explained that all they needed to do was to give Dad antibiotics and nebulizer. Dad was supposed to be in the ICU for three days for monitoring and treatment, and it was expected that he would be right as rain. Although the Doctor did say that there was a possibility that Dad may be intubated just to help him recover better. I didn’t know it then but it turned out that “intubated” meant Dad would be sedated. So when he was wheeled to his bay at the ICU and suddenly the Doctor said there was a complication, I felt an awful feeling at the pit of my stomach. Dad’s case was much more complex than a normal pneumonia case would be because he was …