Skip to main content

Trying on the apron for size

I suppose I might be posting twice today... or not. Depending on if I get a chance to go online while at home. I've been wanting to put up an entry with pictures in them. But since I am mostly online at work and I didn't bring my camera along with me to upload any photos, plus I didn't want the hassle of copying photos from my FB, I figured I might as well put in something of an update.

Anyways, for the past few weeks, my sister and I have been the caretaker for our house, while the parents settle in Hippo. It's been an interesting journey so far (I know... how can it be interesting?!). It sort of reminded me of the time when I was studying way over in Perth. Trying to take care of the house, do laundry, cook and clean - very domesticated journey I'd say. For Buffy and I, it's a bit of getting used to especially since we've been 'pampered' most of our lives. The only times we've taken full care of ourselves was when we were studying abroad. We've always been lucky enough to have people taking care of stuff for us here in Malaysia, but ever since our parents decided to move early this year, it's all up to us now.

OUR FABLE OF DOMESTICITY BEGAN WITH...

1) Laundry... but I like doing my own laundry coz it's the gratifying feeling of freshly laundered and ironed clothes on my back that makes me happy. Hence the laundry twits lately. :P

2) Then food. We didn't want to depend on take outs, fastfood or eating out since it does get pricey and unhealthy. So we opted to cook our food, mostly from scratch. Let's face it, neither me nor Buffy are great chefs or masters in the kitchen, but I have to say we're doing quite well there. At least neither of us are dying of starvation! Hehehe. Now our conversations would include, "So what to cook tonight? You cook or I cook? What do we have in the fridge? Do we have ginger???!!".

When all else fails, instant noodle to the rescue... Don't worry, there hasn't been too much of that. We're trying to be more healthy in our food intake. Hehe. Anyways, I think I'll start taking pictures of the food I cook and post it up here from now on. They are rather unconventional "recipes" since I usually just go with the flow.

3) Next, house cleaning... this, we haven't really tackled fully. Just the sprucing up here and there. Setting things straight and putting stuff away.

4) Watering plants is also one of the things I have been told to do. But GOD has been really good to me. HE made it rain... Amen!!

@~',~~

I don't know if at the end of this whole experience we'll both turn into domestic goddesses but so far we're surviving alright as two single gals in the city. Besides, it's good practice for Buffy since she'll be a 'little lady' to someone soon. Muahaha!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Time I was Flying Blue with KLM

About two months ago I came back from a magnificent travel experience to the UK and Paris. I fully intend to write all about it as it was my very first solo trip ever! But this post is not about that per se. I plan to break down the solo trip experience so that it will not be too heavy in one posting. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share a little bit about my experience travelling for the first time with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as they were my chosen carrier to take me on this wonderful journey. 
From the get go, I would say it was not exactly all smooth flowing. My own unfamiliarity and inexperience with them probably contributed to the little bumps along the way but thankfully their customer service team is well trained and equipped to help iron out any hurdles or uncertainties that I faced. 
The booking was unique in its own right. The selection of flight dates, times and class was all standard. Then when it came to payment was when I discovered the first uniqueness, or rather the second …

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 2

I've already had some food in my system, and while it's probably on its way to full digestion now, let's try putting in a half decent blog post.

Like I said, after a long, I believe 2-year hiatus from blogging, I had really thought I would let blogging die a natural death and stop just like that. But as things occur in my life, I find myself itching to write again.
Like today. 
First, during lunch time. 
One of my colleagues, let's call her Kay, told us that Hard Rock Cafe has a pretty good lunch set menu. It comes with a salad, main course and dessert, and a refillable drink for the price of a normal main course. So of course we jumped to it. The moment we got to HRC, it was almost a full house! We were lucky not to have to wait in a queue. Those people probably thought to take advantage of the lunch set too. 
Anyway, there were four main courses offered in the lunch set menu; Chicken Marinara, Chicken Pasta, Hamburger and Grilled Fish. I opted for the Chicken Marina…

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 1

Hello Blogosphere!!
It is I, back from an unintended retirement from the blogging world. Actually, I never did intend to hang my blogging shoes as I did my dancing shoes. But after what seems like (a) lack of time due to work, and (b) lack of inspiration to write about things without sounding like I'm whining (phew... that was a long one), I decided that after a year of hiatus, it is high time to put some thoughts to ... what do you call this?... not paper... blank blog page? Well just type out some thoughts.
Yes.
So here we go. 
Starting now.
Right. Now.
Ok. Any moment now. .

. . . .
Maybe I need to eat first. Haha!