Skip to main content

Like Being Awake in my Sleep

I am totally uninspired today. It's FRIDAY for goodness sake. Just so not in working mode. How serious is this? Imagine this, I almost imagined it was not a working day just before I woke up from a rather pleasant dream, thinking it was a Saturday. Then when I had realisation, I took a cold shower (because the heater was busted) and took my time (really took my own sweet time) to decide on what to wear for work. After that, I took more time to decide which dangly earrings I wanted to put on and in the process dropping two or three sets. When I finally decided on the earrings and put it on, I was good and set to go. After I saw my parents, I got in my car to go to work. As I was about to pull out of parking, I suddenly realised that I've forgotten to bring my work with me (Heh!). So I turned off the engine, got out of the car, got in the house, climb the stairs to get my shite and finally, I was ready to go.

Now the drive to work was thankfully alright. But I can tell that I wasn't fully awake and still daydreaming about the weekend. So as I was coming into the office building and entering the parking area, I dropped my parking transponder on the car floor. Grappled a little to get it back and thankfully the bar lifted with no complications. After that, I wanted to get into my usual parking spot and I had the most RETARTED time! I somehow couldn't get my car into position, much less actually make the car go in the box without hitting the beam or the car beside it. Made a fool of myself for a few minutes and then I said to myself, "What the hell are you doing?! Go somewhere else, there are other parkings around!!" So I went off to find a different spot but at the end of the day, I got in the same exact spot just from a different angle (which was easier). *Sigh*

Anyways, I thought that was the end of it, but NOoo... I went in the elevator, with another girl but it just didn't register that I knew her until she said, "Hi Zima!". I looked at her and went, "... oh hi! God, I'm so blur this morning." Seriously man, I need to wake up from my dream.

~~*I just want my weekend to start NOW!!*~~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

The Time I was Flying Blue with KLM

About two months ago I came back from a magnificent travel experience to the UK and Paris. I fully intend to write all about it as it was my very first solo trip ever! But this post is not about that per se. I plan to break down the solo trip experience so that it will not be too heavy in one posting. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share a little bit about my experience travelling for the first time with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as they were my chosen carrier to take me on this wonderful journey. 
From the get go, I would say it was not exactly all smooth flowing. My own unfamiliarity and inexperience with them probably contributed to the little bumps along the way but thankfully their customer service team is well trained and equipped to help iron out any hurdles or uncertainties that I faced. 
The booking was unique in its own right. The selection of flight dates, times and class was all standard. Then when it came to payment was when I discovered the first uniqueness, or rather the second …

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 2

I've already had some food in my system, and while it's probably on its way to full digestion now, let's try putting in a half decent blog post.

Like I said, after a long, I believe 2-year hiatus from blogging, I had really thought I would let blogging die a natural death and stop just like that. But as things occur in my life, I find myself itching to write again.
Like today. 
First, during lunch time. 
One of my colleagues, let's call her Kay, told us that Hard Rock Cafe has a pretty good lunch set menu. It comes with a salad, main course and dessert, and a refillable drink for the price of a normal main course. So of course we jumped to it. The moment we got to HRC, it was almost a full house! We were lucky not to have to wait in a queue. Those people probably thought to take advantage of the lunch set too. 
Anyway, there were four main courses offered in the lunch set menu; Chicken Marinara, Chicken Pasta, Hamburger and Grilled Fish. I opted for the Chicken Marina…