Skip to main content

Chillaxing is my game

AHhh... another weekend is here. And the best part about this weekend is... it's a FOUR day weekend! Booya! Yes, I have nothing much planned, but spontaneity is also very good. Already I've had a rather full Saturday, which started with sleeping in late, hanging out with the parents and sister FSR, or henceforth known as Buffy, chillaxing at Pink Star's house to watch her wedding video and photos while enjoying some Starbucks, and then just chilling at home watching heaps and heaps of tele... Sunday would see me going for a 'picnic' in my Doc sister's unoccupied apartment with the family and probably some swimming there (though I haven't decided on that yet). After that it's 'play by the ear' as usual. Yay!

Oh yes, I have something I'm really excited about. For my 25th birthday I got a webcam, but the first time I tried to install it, for some reason Doc's laptop didn't comply. So it has been in it's original casing henceforth until I get the 'inspiration' to give installing it another shot. Then on Friday night after coming home from a totally satisfying and uber fun dinner with Pink Star, I turned on the laptop and decided to give it a whack. And what do you know, it worked like a charm! Unfortunately, Doc wasn't online nor were any friends I wanted to 'see'. But I know it works because I definitely can see meself through the webcam. YES!!

I know I'm way past the era of webcams and it would have been more useful if I was still studying thousands of miles away from home, but at least now with this I could teach my parents how to use the computer so that they can talk to Doc in Canada with almost no cost at all! We just need to set up a schedule for them to 'meet' and it's all systems go. It feels so good to be able to figure out some computer system stuff all on my own. I am a known tech-blind girl. Now my next challenge would be to recalibrate the wireless network. I did it once last year but for some reason, which I have not figured out, the connection ended up being unsecured. I suppose that meant anyone could 'steal' the connection anytime they wanted to. So instead of risking the whole 'identity theft', etc situation, I pulled the plug and just went conventional on my internet connection.

Anyways, moving to lala land now until I post something else. I think you can tell my brain's not really coherent right now. Probably coz of a) I'm sleepy, 2) I really have nothing much to write about, and c) I'm sleepy... wait... I already said that. So goodnight!

~~*Willing write but unwilling to think*~~

p/s: Note to self, have to introduce family in another post.


Popular posts from this blog

Life After... Pt 1

Call it a wake-up call. Call it an epiphany. Call it therapy. Call it what you will. But as I was wallowing in my sorrows as 1st November 2017 began, and knowing that in 24 days I was going to meet my 34th birthday without my beloved Dad for the very first time, I thought to myself that I need to do this for my own healing.
Yes, I lost my Dad this year. He left to be with Allah at exactly half of this year, on 16th June 2017. When 2017 started I honestly thought it would be a great year. I went on my solo trip, I was on probation for a promotion at work, I was going to the gym, my family was in good health, everyone was happy. It was a great start of the year.
Then like the 2004 Tsunami, my whole world and life unexpectedly came tumbling upside down and inside out. All of a sudden my family had crises. *Note the plural form of the word "crisis"* And it started on a rather fine day on 28th April.
I was on edge that day as I did my colleague's wedding makeup. Part of me screa…

Life After... Pt4

"I want to see the trees."
Those were his last words to me on 26th May 2017. The day when we discovered Mum's cancer, the day Dad did his darnedest during physio at his bed just to get on the wheelchair, the day we took him for a little walk around the ward, the day before the 1st of Ramadhan... The day he had a stroke.
We would never hear his voice again after that day until Allah called him home on 16th June 2017, 21st Ramadhan 1438H. 
There were a few things that he wanted, which I failed to fulfill. For breakfast the day he was first brought to the hospital in Ipoh, he had told me he wanted fresh milk from Salim's Restaurant - I'm sure with 3 teaspoons of sugar for that perfect taste. While he was in the ward, he wanted some Miso soup from Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant, but logistically it was hard to get to the nearest Rakuzen and I only got him some Miso soup from Sushi Zanmai. He wanted some jelly when he was sitting on the wheelchair - I told him we would b…

Life After... Pt 2

Dad was admitted in the ICU on the morning of 30th April. He had a severe case of pneumonia (and no one knew how things escalated so quickly to acute pneumonia save for Allah). When we first arrived at the Accident & Emergency, the attending physician who is a Cardiologist specially assigned by a friend’s father as the Director of the hospital, explained that all they needed to do was to give Dad antibiotics and nebulizer. Dad was supposed to be in the ICU for three days for monitoring and treatment, and it was expected that he would be right as rain. Although the Doctor did say that there was a possibility that Dad may be intubated just to help him recover better. I didn’t know it then but it turned out that “intubated” meant Dad would be sedated. So when he was wheeled to his bay at the ICU and suddenly the Doctor said there was a complication, I felt an awful feeling at the pit of my stomach. Dad’s case was much more complex than a normal pneumonia case would be because he was …