Skip to main content

Chillaxing is my game

AHhh... another weekend is here. And the best part about this weekend is... it's a FOUR day weekend! Booya! Yes, I have nothing much planned, but spontaneity is also very good. Already I've had a rather full Saturday, which started with sleeping in late, hanging out with the parents and sister FSR, or henceforth known as Buffy, chillaxing at Pink Star's house to watch her wedding video and photos while enjoying some Starbucks, and then just chilling at home watching heaps and heaps of tele... Sunday would see me going for a 'picnic' in my Doc sister's unoccupied apartment with the family and probably some swimming there (though I haven't decided on that yet). After that it's 'play by the ear' as usual. Yay!

Oh yes, I have something I'm really excited about. For my 25th birthday I got a webcam, but the first time I tried to install it, for some reason Doc's laptop didn't comply. So it has been in it's original casing henceforth until I get the 'inspiration' to give installing it another shot. Then on Friday night after coming home from a totally satisfying and uber fun dinner with Pink Star, I turned on the laptop and decided to give it a whack. And what do you know, it worked like a charm! Unfortunately, Doc wasn't online nor were any friends I wanted to 'see'. But I know it works because I definitely can see meself through the webcam. YES!!

I know I'm way past the era of webcams and it would have been more useful if I was still studying thousands of miles away from home, but at least now with this I could teach my parents how to use the computer so that they can talk to Doc in Canada with almost no cost at all! We just need to set up a schedule for them to 'meet' and it's all systems go. It feels so good to be able to figure out some computer system stuff all on my own. I am a known tech-blind girl. Now my next challenge would be to recalibrate the wireless network. I did it once last year but for some reason, which I have not figured out, the connection ended up being unsecured. I suppose that meant anyone could 'steal' the connection anytime they wanted to. So instead of risking the whole 'identity theft', etc situation, I pulled the plug and just went conventional on my internet connection.

Anyways, moving to lala land now until I post something else. I think you can tell my brain's not really coherent right now. Probably coz of a) I'm sleepy, 2) I really have nothing much to write about, and c) I'm sleepy... wait... I already said that. So goodnight!

~~*Willing write but unwilling to think*~~


p/s: Note to self, have to introduce family in another post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Time I was Flying Blue with KLM

About two months ago I came back from a magnificent travel experience to the UK and Paris. I fully intend to write all about it as it was my very first solo trip ever! But this post is not about that per se. I plan to break down the solo trip experience so that it will not be too heavy in one posting. 
Anyway, I just wanted to share a little bit about my experience travelling for the first time with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as they were my chosen carrier to take me on this wonderful journey. 
From the get go, I would say it was not exactly all smooth flowing. My own unfamiliarity and inexperience with them probably contributed to the little bumps along the way but thankfully their customer service team is well trained and equipped to help iron out any hurdles or uncertainties that I faced. 
The booking was unique in its own right. The selection of flight dates, times and class was all standard. Then when it came to payment was when I discovered the first uniqueness, or rather the second …

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 2

I've already had some food in my system, and while it's probably on its way to full digestion now, let's try putting in a half decent blog post.

Like I said, after a long, I believe 2-year hiatus from blogging, I had really thought I would let blogging die a natural death and stop just like that. But as things occur in my life, I find myself itching to write again.
Like today. 
First, during lunch time. 
One of my colleagues, let's call her Kay, told us that Hard Rock Cafe has a pretty good lunch set menu. It comes with a salad, main course and dessert, and a refillable drink for the price of a normal main course. So of course we jumped to it. The moment we got to HRC, it was almost a full house! We were lucky not to have to wait in a queue. Those people probably thought to take advantage of the lunch set too. 
Anyway, there were four main courses offered in the lunch set menu; Chicken Marinara, Chicken Pasta, Hamburger and Grilled Fish. I opted for the Chicken Marina…

Getting out of Blogging Retirement - Take 1

Hello Blogosphere!!
It is I, back from an unintended retirement from the blogging world. Actually, I never did intend to hang my blogging shoes as I did my dancing shoes. But after what seems like (a) lack of time due to work, and (b) lack of inspiration to write about things without sounding like I'm whining (phew... that was a long one), I decided that after a year of hiatus, it is high time to put some thoughts to ... what do you call this?... not paper... blank blog page? Well just type out some thoughts.
Yes.
So here we go. 
Starting now.
Right. Now.
Ok. Any moment now. .

. . . .
Maybe I need to eat first. Haha!